In light of the recent announcements and in recognition of the news that après ski activities across the alps are to be sensibly limited during the forthcoming season, we want to reassure our guests that this isn’t the end of Après Ski.
Après Ski as we know it, with loud music, lots of colourful drinks, fun, singing, dancing in our ski boots to local europop and skiing down in the moonlight will be back. Just not for a while….
Après Ski has just taken on a whole new meaning.
The Austrian Government announced that, in their attempt to help with the health and safety of all the tourists and snow sport fans, as well as the health and safety of the industries workers the following changes will be enforced this coming winter:
- Après Ski is only possible with “fixed seating” or “seating only”
- No Dancing
- No Standing at the Bar
- Eating and drinking is with table service only, including on the terraces and ice bars
- No mixing or gatherings of groups, inside or out
- All service and hospitality staff to wear masks
- Guests to wear masks when entering/leaving or when not seated at the table
- On the spot checks will be in place by local authorities.
- Additionally, there is expected to be a more localised ruling of curfews for mountain bars / après ski venues – these are yet to be announced
Although these announcements were made by the Austrian Government, we very much expect the same rules to apply across the Alps this winter.
Apres Ski – from the French, meaning After Ski. So can we simply redefine (not replace!) the whole concept of the traditional “after ski”?
Private and Exclusive
We operate a portfolio of luxury private chalets which have always been fun and exclusive venues for smaller private gatherings. Be this corporate events, family events, special birthdays, stag parties, hen weekends, weddings and honeymoons.
If it is the traditional Après Ski scene you are looking for, then why not enjoy your après ski in the privacy of your own bubble, with your own friends, in your own group, in your own private bar in your own luxury chalet? With all your drinks on tap, including your champagne and selection of local craft beers, we can turn on the euro pop and you can dance and party until dinner time. Without worrying how to get home! We can even theme the whole afternoon for you, you just have to ask.
Of course for the more sedate après ski but with just as much enjoyment you can enjoy all of the drinkable delights from the bar or mini bar, served or self-service, while sat in front of a roaring fire and relaxing after a great day on the mountain.
Why not let us go the extra mile. If you want to do something different for your afternoon or evening, have a chat with us and we will look to arrange anything. Some of the things we can arrange:
- In-house local wine tasting (French or Austrian)
- Rare and exquisite wine tasting (from anywhere in the world)
- Champagne and oyster après ski
- Cocktail masterclasses
- A beer sommelier and craft beer selections
- Roasted Chestnuts and Mulled Wine on the Big Green Egg BBQ
Have an idea on an event you would like to do? Drop us a message to discuss how we can make it happen for you on firstname.lastname@example.org